Thursday, November 15, 2007

Hate to Be A Dick, But...

I know I'm going to be criticized as an idiot for writing/thinking this, but I don't want to be in this crowd any longer.

Hey, uh, well...Isn't it just a little possible that Bonds could be innocent? I mean, the guy's a prick. We all understand that, and we all know how much the media hates him.
Now I'm usually the first one to throw up his arms in disgust whenever the idea of race is involved, but I do believe that this is, in the words of Clarence Thomas, a "High-tech lynching". It took four years for there to be charges brought up against Bonds after his testimony about BALCO? I obviously don't know much law, but I know that if they had any real evidence, besides a scorned girlfriend and an angry public, they would have pressed charges long ago. Did Mitchell find something about Bonds? That seems to be the only thing I can grasp.

I didn't like Bonds breaking the record, and I won't like it when A-Rod breaks it either (as of right now). We always want some one that stands up to our standards as a great "character", who our children can look up to. Aaron was/is that, but we don't view Bonds that way. He's confrontational, pompous, and a bully. We don't want a jerk holding a prestigious record, especially one that is the most sought after and publicized in our culture. We don't like to admit that we can't always control who gets idolized and who rises to the top. Babe Ruth was our national hero for such a long time; idolized to the point where his name was synonymous with God. To go against the Babe was like what siding with Barry is like now: Being an outcast. If you're a black man defending Bonds, you're portrayed as someone that sides with their race no matter what. I'm tired of that, Bonds might actually be a fucking scapegoat for all that is wrong with baseball, and since he's the home run king the spotlight is directly on him. I hate that I have to be the lone voice in this, but can we please wait until the end of the trial or hearing until we conclude he's guilty?! Is that really asking so much? This happens all the time, and the majority of the people have ZERO knowledge of what actually happened or what any of the facts are. Give it time, folks.

No comments: