Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Yankees off-season plans-First edition


I'm Going to McDonalds!


There's been a lot of talk about trading for Miguel Cabrera of the Marlins to play third base for the Yanks, but this is a difficult decision to make. First, the Marlins want one of the big three (Hughes, JOBA, or Kennedy) plus a major-league ready position player (basically Melky) in return for Miggs. I love Miggs hitting, believe me I really do. But lets go with the reasons they shouldn't trade for him:

1). He's fat-Trust me on this, he's not going to be getting any skinner with the promise of alternating for DH either. The only thing we have going for us is that we don't have as many Spanish restaurants as Miami.
2). He's stated in the past his dislike for the Yankees- Much like Carlos Zambrano, he thinks the Yanks will try to tame that pony. Do you really want to get rid of a young, very promising starting pitcher for a guy who doesn't want to be here? I understand that Miggy is already proven, and that rookie years don't project careers properly (i.e. Mark Fidrych) but since we've already heard his opinion about NY we might be trading a long term starter for a guy we have two seasons.
3). JOBA IS A BEAST!!!-sorry...
4). WILSOOON-I am one of the 6 or so people that think Wilson would be a good enough replacement in the meantime before a suitable third baseman is found in the FA class next year (Hank Blaylock? Greg norton?) I know that class of 2009 sounds weak, but I don't want to trade for someone when we can just sign a class B FA instead. Especially one who is fat and doesn't want to be here.
5). If all else fails, sign Lowell-Just kidding. He's 34, played in a little-league field, and wants a 5 year deal. Nah.

SEE?! IT'S FUCKING ANDRUW, NIGGA! I'M DUTCH AND SHIT


This idea is from Nomaas.org, so I'm not going to take credit away from the greatest Yankee site ever. Go look why I have this flying Dutchman on the page at Nomaas.org.





No comments: